Friday, August 10, 2012

Random Food Fridays - Quesadillas



I've been using my Weber Kettle a bunch this summer. I think I'm really getting the hang of this indirect heat thing. One of our grilled meals this week was a pork tenderloin roast. I seasoned it very simply, with salt, pepper and garlic/herb seasoning. I put over direct heat for about 5 minutes on each side, then placed it over indirect heat to finish. I roasted sweet corn in their husks too. Both the corn and the pork took about 30 minutes. I did a bunch of veggies on skewers and added them at the 15 minute mark. I brushed the veggies with olive and seasoned them in the same way as the meat. Simple

When I go to the trouble to get that big old kettle going, I like to fill it up! When our food is done and there are still coals left, I'm often tempted to go door-to-door and say, "Hey, I've got hot coals. You wanna cook anything?" Filling up the Weber Kettle for two people usually means yummy leftovers for the rest of the week.

One of the scrumptious leftover treats I had was this quesadilla. It is simple and delicious. Sliced pork, sweet corn, avocado, cheese and a few shots of Tapatio hot sauce. Delish!

That little side salad is just sliced tomatoes, avocado, a dollop of Greek yogurt and a few grates of cheese.

Quesadillas are one of those foundational foods that you can make your own. Like soup, salads and sandwiches, the variations are limitless. The thing that made this one so yummy was the crunchy sweet corn combined with the hot sauce. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment