Friday, August 3, 2012

Random Food Fridays - Crazy Caprese


I hope you are going to a farmers' market this weekend. Summer is in high gear and everything is beautiful, abundant and delicious. This is a salad I love and have eaten and toted to pot lucks often. I call it Crazy Caprese because it has tomatoes, fresh mozzarella balls and basil, but it's a little deconstructed and quite variable. In this example, I used three different kinds of tomatoes - a big red one and a green zebra from my farm box and the little orange ones are sungold from my garden. I also used some small cubes of carrot and red bell pepper along with some avocado. The whole thing got tossed with white wine vinaigrette and served on top of a bed of beautiful leaf lettuce, also from my farm box.

There are a million ways to eat Summer produce. Adventure! Try different kinds! Chow down! Your mama would be proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment