Friday, September 2, 2011

Random Food Fridays - Clean-Out-the-Fridge Green Curry

As I enjoyed this spicy and creamy dish, I reflected that coconut milk curry is almost like the cream of mushroom soup of easy Thai cuisine. It really couldn't be any easier. About four cups of random veggies, a blop of Mae Ploy green curry paste and a can of coconut milk and you've got a great dish. I used onion, patty pan squash, eggplant, leftover green beans and some Sungold tomatoes from the garden. I like my curry rich and spicy, so I used about three tablespoons of the curry paste and full fat coconut milk. You can saute the veggies for a bit before adding the curry paste and coconut milk, but it's really ready to eat as soon as it is heated through. Serve with rice, if you wish. I was lazy and had mine with crackers. You could really make this any old way you wish. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. looks delish, and it looks like something i could actually manage without breaking the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete